Thread: More editing problems...

Real Name
    Richard

More editing problems...

I am feeling almost overwhelmed with editing software and printing hardware (addressed in another post) problems...

I have subscribed to Adobe CC Photography and Lightroom bundle for years. I pay yearly and my present subscription is good through September of 2020...

I have the CC bundle installed on two computers: the one that I primarily use and the one that my wife primarily uses. These computers have had Photoshop CC working on them for years.

However, when she installed Photoshop Elements 2020 (via a CD disk) onto her computer, it supplanted the CC subscription for Photoshop which is no longer working on that computer.

She has been trying (with my help) to get her Photoshop CC 2020 back and working on her computer - nothing seems to work.

I am wondering how to get the Photoshop CC (for which I am paying) back onto her computer.

An additional problem MAY BE that I cannot find the original access code for Photoshop CC which I used to install that program on her computer years ago...

Real Name
    Ted

Re: More editing problems...

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I am feeling almost overwhelmed with editing software and printing hardware (addressed in another post) problems...

However, when she installed Photoshop Elements 2020 (via a CD disk) onto her computer, it supplanted the CC subscription for Photoshop which is no longer working on that computer.
    If her Windows is set to save the computer status every so often, is it possible to 'System Restore' (revert) to a date prior to her loading that disk? In which case, access to Photoshop CC might get restored ... I'm guessing of course, I'm sure someone will know better.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 7th February 2020 at 05:48 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Richard - try uninstalling and reinstalling CC on her computer.

CC has to be activated and if nothing else works, you should be able to de-activate / re-activate Photoshop CC from either your computer or her computer. It only takes a minute or so to do this through the Adobe activation server.

Real Name
    Dan

My suggestion would be the same as Manfred's. If you can't get the CC programs running, you can uninstall them and reinstall them from the Adobe Cloud app.

It's been a while since I have registered mine on a new computer, but my vague recollection is that all I needed was my Adobe login, without any additional code. Is that right?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    It's been a while since I have registered mine on a new computer, but my vague recollection is that all I needed was my Adobe login, without any additional code. Is that right?
    Correct - if you did not log off the old computer, the Creative Cloud will ask which one should be logged off and if you can't figure it out, you can log off both. Signing in requires your Adobe user id and password and takes just a few seconds.

Real Name
    Richard

Finally solved the problem... I had to sign in with my password so that her computer would recognize my copy of Photoshop CC...

NOW! I have to find out how to make hat copy of Photoshop the default image editor/viewer on her computer.

Real Name
    Allan Short

How about putting the Bridge Icon in the start up tray then just double click on it to go into bridge.

Cheers: Allan

Real Name
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Polar01 View Post
    How about putting the Bridge Icon in the start up tray then just double click on it to go into bridge.

Cheers: Allan
    It's easy to change file associations if you are using Windows. Just search "change file associations windows" without the quotation marks. The drawback is that you may want to view files of that type without waiting for photoshop to load. In the case of raw files, that may not be an issue, but it could be for JPEGs. I set the file associations for most image types to Irfanview and use it as my default viewer within Windows because it loads almost instantly. If I want to use Photoshop, I load the software and then open the images from within it.

BTW, if you do use Irfanview, you can set the file associations directly from within its installation routine rather than fussing with Windows.