Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Having a hard time to install icc profile

Real Name
    António Correia

Having a hard time to install icc profile

I have spent quite some hours trying to install an icc profile in LR but I can't.

What is happening ? I have the icc profile on the Downloads folder and when I am guided to paste it on the Library > Application support > Adobe > Color > Profiles folder, this one doesn't exist and I find a Proofing folder instead !
    And indeed this folder contains the profile because I have paste it in. It has also another one I currently using. Apparently.
    But it seems that Lightroom doesn't see these files but others, placed somewhere so it seems... please see red arrow bellow.
    What am I supposed to do ?

In the first screen capture from Lightroom you see a red arrow which is an icc profile I have installed some time ago.
    The second screen capture is from the Finder.
    Yes, I have shut down LR after the installation of the profile. Is this a reasonable question ?

Lightroom should have a way to import icc profiles ! Don't you think so ?

Real Name
    Len

Re: Having a hard time to install icc profile

Hi Antonio, I use a Windows OS and it is simply a case of a right click/ install on the downloaded ICC Icon.
    I appreciate this does not solve the issue you are having with Mac.
    Perhaps the attached link may help.
    Len.

http://www.bartneck.de/2009/09/11/in...e-on-mac-os-x/

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Antonio - while I have printed using a Mac, I've been lucky that all the profiles I use have been installed on the machine.

Windows is easy as all the ICC profiles go in the same folder that is shared by all applications that use profiles. That is a bit of an unfortunate design, as the ICC and icm profiles (i.e. screen calibration / display) are all stored there too. Regardless, they are not specific to Lightroom. Photoshop and other software gets them from the same folder.

I'm not 100% positive, but I seem to remember that LR / PS have to be restarted to load the new profiles. I suspect that is true for Macs as well. I've also been told by Mac users that updating the operating system kills a lot of the colour profile data and it has to be reinstalled.

Real Name
    Dan

Antonio,

I use a PC, so I may be wrong, but: on a PC, you have to place the ICC where the operating system will find it, not where adobe products will find it. I think that is true of the Mac too. Here are step-by-step instructions: https://www.redrivercatalog.com/prof...mac_apple.html. The video says that LR should then find it. you may need to reboot, and you will certainly have to restart Lightroom.

On the PC, once you have done this, LR finds the profile and adds it to its own menu.

Real Name
    António Correia

Thank you so much everybody !
    The problem is solved. It is very easy when you know it !
    I have been to the Mac Forum and the answer came in less than one minute.
    Just two clicks away ! Can be useful for others...