Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Horse Treats

Real Name
    Daniel

Horse Treats

My daughter started a company selling horse treats. I made this photo for her for fun and to learn photoshop. I had her photo standing infront of an Annie poster. Thats her name. Took photo of trats this past weekend. Just thought I would share.

[IMG] v\Horse TreatsAnnie 1 by pongo now, on Flickr[/IMG]

Real Name
    David

Re: Horse Treats

Are there any copyright issues with the Annie logo ? It is not plain text, it is a logo I think and presumably registered - beware of using the photo in publicity.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Chataignier View Post
    Are there any copyright issues with the Annie logo ? It is not plain text, it is a logo I think and presumably registered - beware of using the photo in publicity.
    Hello David. Yes, I'm aware of that. If I get around to it, I thought of creating my own Annie lettering. This was more about my experience learning photoshop from tutorials. This was the second project I competed. below is my first project, a falcon over the throngs kneck bridge. It connects queens with the Bronx in NYC. I took the photo of the falcon on the Palisades of New Jersey. Its a Peregrine Falcon, the world's fastest animal. It can reach speeds of more than 240 mph during dives. Thank you for your comment. Horse TreatsImage 2-26-20 at 5.18 PM by pongo now, on Flickr

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Experimenting is the only way to learn.

When it comes to creating composites, there are two main issues to consider:

1. The technical execution, which is quite good here; and

2. Not leaving "breadcrumbs" that suggest what you have done.

You've succeeded in the first part, not so much in the second. The highlights on the trailing edge of the bird's wings suggest the lighting was quite different. Your main shot is dark and overcast, yet the bright areas on the wings suggest back-lighting that tells the viewer the shot was taken in brighter, sunnier conditions.

Real Name
    Richard

IMO, too much attention to your daughter and not enough to the treats offered.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    IMO, too much attention to your daughter and not enough to the treats offered.
    Too much attention to daughter? Of course, they love attention. It was made for fun not for marketing. Especially with copyrighted material in it. But you did get me thinking about making another one that could be used for marketing. With a much smaller photo of Annie, highlighting the treats as you suggested. I did take a number of shots of the treats which I sent to her. Thank you, Richard.
    Last edited by escape; 28th February 2020 at 02:05 AM.

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you for commenting Manfred. Will need to review some tutorials to fix the breadcrumbs. This is still very new to me.