Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Is it me or a Photoshop glitch?

Is it me or a Photoshop glitch?

Had some odd experiences after a recent Photoshop upload.

The Clone and Spot Healing tools initially seemed to work but as soon as I had finished using them a long thick black diagonal line appeared which, when it disappeared, left odd alterations to the areas underneath. These areas were well away from the tool tip. It was like a tail had been added to my working areas.

And the Curves Adjustment wouldn't work unless I first selected the Auto Adjustment. After which I could do my own adjustments to the auto created adjustment.

The Wacom pen wasn't working exactly as before but these problems continued when using a mouse.

After giving up on finding a solution I switched to the older version of Photoshop which I still had on my computer and that worked perfectly, although there wasn't any Bridge available.

Eventually, I shut down the computer. Some time later, I restarted my computer and retried the updated Photoshop version. Now, everything was back to normal.

So, at the moment I am hoping everything will continue to be working normally when I next use this software. But has anybody had any similar issues?

After the previous update I couldn't get my brushes (for mask editing) and the Clone Tool to work as I required. They appeared to have hard edges so I checked the brushes properties and discovered they had been changed to the Dynamic option. Once I unclicked that item everything was fine once more.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Is it me or a Photoshop glitch?

Geoff - regardless of the software I am running, occasionally something goes awry and if restarting the software does not work, restarting the computer generally does.

I suspect that the root cause is data corruption for whatever reason (not necessarily anything to do with the software itself).

Real Name
    Ole

Geoff, I have had exactly the same problems from time to time- I grin and take it on the chin after first complaining bitterly to my beloved after which I get a kiss on my bald head- very demeaning, that

Thanks for the replies.

I have tried running Photoshop again this morning and had an occasional glitch with the Spot Healing Tool, but only occasionally. Curves seems to be responding normally now.