Thread: Monthly Photo Competition - ****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT****

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Monthly Photo Competition - ****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT****

I'll shortly be closing off the March competition and opening up the April one.

Due to the circumstances around the world particularly the inability of photographers to get out into the landscape (I know not everyone does landscape, but a lot do), the requirement that an entry must have been captured in the month of the competition (i.e. An April entry must have been captured in April) will be suspended.

Instead we will say that the image must have been finished (processed) or re-processed during the month of the competition. Again, the only judge of how that is implemented is your own conscious. If you don't want to hold to that condition, you will not. But, knowing the people on here, I would imagine that will be a rare occurrence.

I will re-word the competition introductory text.

And keep safe everyone.

Real Name
    Bill

Re: Monthly Photo Competition - ****SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT****

Thanks Donald. That is realistic and reasonable.

The restriction on getting out and about applies to nature and wildlife photographers too, not just landscapers. I confess that it annoys me slightly as in general crowds and wildlife photography do not go together, but that's not an absolute - think "Hide". I suppose the quite legitimate reason behind the total ban is that on a nice sunny day at least some stir-crazy folks would make a dash for a beauty spot, resulting in a gathering of a potentially dangerous size.

As you say "keep safe everyone" - no matter what frustrations come along with it.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Donald - it's not just landscapes.

My street photography has ground to a halt, as has my architecture, waterscapes, urban landscapes and model photography; location and studio work.

I'm working on some still life work in my home studio and if I were a macro photographer, I could do those as well.

Real Name
    Just add 'MacKenzie'

Sorry everyone. I should have said "photography that takes you out of doors".
    Last edited by Donald; 3rd April 2020 at 06:35 PM.