Thread: The first

Real Name
    James Cecil

The first

Did this one on Iphone. Not my usual format.Just thought it was interesting.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: The first

I could not understand the theme.... is that clouds or water fall or snow.....

Need 90 degree rotation anticlockwise?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

James - +1 to Nandakumar's comments on this image. I suspect the orientation in correct and we are looking at falling water, but the image does not have any properties that engages the viewer.

We don't need the image to have a specific tangible subject (just look at all of the fine abstract photographs out there), but the image needs to somehow get the viewer's attention and engage them so that they spend some time looking at the shot.

If I look at the histogram of this image, I find that the tonal range is fairly limited and tends to the highlights and lighter mid-tones with no darker highlights or shadows.

The firston Flickr

If I go in and play with the global contrast and mid-tone contrast, burn down the highlights and add a bit of a vignette, the character of your image changes completely. In my view, this grabs the attention of the viewer a lot more than the original does.

The first

Real Name
    James Cecil

Thanks M, Dead on Thanks.