Thread: Hat shop

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Hat shop

I took this shot walking along the main street of Panajachel, Guatemala.

This boy was working in a hat shop, but seemed rather uninterested in his job.

This is one of my favourite types of photography; a combination street photography and environmental portraiture.

Hat shop

Real Name
    Peter

Re: Hat shop

He looks sad and possibly wishing he was somewhere else Manfred. Still it’s a good image though

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Richard

Nice shot Manfred... I enjoy environmental portraits and especially when they are of shopkeepers and artisans in unique situations...

IMO. although some shots of brick and mortar are necessaryas the record of any trip, environmental portraits like this are the way to bring home a feeling for the areas we have explored...

Far too many collections of travel images are of inanimate subjects (which obviously are easier to capture) and neglect the people of the areas in which we are traveling...

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Lovely environmental portrait.

The contrast between the vibrant colors of the hats and the seemingly disinterested expression on the boy's face really draws you in. It's like a slice of everyday life captured in a single frame. I love how street photography can tell such rich stories about people and places. Also, those hats look pretty cool! It's always fascinating to see traditional craftsmanship still thriving in today's world. If anyone's interested in getting some custom-fitted hats like these, I stumbled upon this site: https://matohash.com/collections/custom-fitted-hats. They seem to have a nice collection.
    Last edited by Tyricores; 12th June 2024 at 12:57 PM.

Real Name
    roy

I would point out that this thread is 4 years old
    Roy