Thread: Finally had a chance to get away for the weekend and shoot

Real Name
    Jeffrey Blakemore

Finally had a chance to get away for the weekend and shoot

Cane Creek Cascades • Fall Creek Falls State Park, Tennessee • 15-image panorama

Larger version
    http://jblakemorecreative.com/images...2-FM-share.jpg

Weekend camping trip with my wife and kids. This is always the kids' favorite spot for swimming whenever we camp here. This time it was really crowded, which was unexpected. We arrived at the cascade around 1pm, and I waited about two hours for the area to clear out enough to get the shots I wanted. It never did. I grabbed what I could, but when trying to edit I just wasn't happy with the result. Decided to go back the next day around 5pm to see if there were less people, but it was MORE crowded! Finally, about 7pm the last of the crowd dispersed and I was finally alone with the sound of the water rushing over the rocks. Best 30 minutes of the entire trip.

I sincerely hope in another week and a half I'm not on my back fighting covid-19. We thought camping might be safe because people usually keep to themselves and trails are usually sparse enough to avoid close contact. Not this time. I think everyone had the same idea. Also, some folks had no regard for social distance. While I was waiting to shoot, and setup away from the main walk area, people would come right up to me and want to chat. Of course, I didn't say anything because I was really trying to be polite and not get myself more frustrated than I already was.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Finally had a chance to get away for the weekend and shoot

Placid!!!

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Finally had a chance to get away for the weekend and shoot

Looks like a nice spot to shoot, but can understand your frustration with passers by, especially in these COVID-19 days.

I've never quite understood why people want to chat with photographers while they are setting up and trying to work out their shot. I can't think of any other activity where people would welcome this while they are engrossed in what they are doing.

As for the shot, I like it, but would prefer a less aggressive approach to saturation. Portions of the image, especially the trees on the right are just a tad past where they look real.