Thread: Couple of cascade mountain scenes

Real Name
    Sharon

Couple of cascade mountain scenes

#1 with a probably not well received cross processing, but thought I would test it out.

Couple of cascade mountain scenes20200109-DSCF5149 by sharonkay finley, on Flickr

#2 Cascade mountain ranch - I think this was pushed a little too hard. I'm not very experienced with post processing so....

Couple of cascade mountain scenesmountain scene by sharonkay finley, on Flickr

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Couple of cascade mountain scenes

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with the first image. Did you have a particular purpose in processing this way? Are you trying to achieve a specific look?

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve with the first image. Did you have a particular purpose in processing this way? Are you trying to achieve a specific look?
    Great question, just wanting to do something weird with a more ordinary image... what does it accomplish? Probably not much

Real Name
    Nandakumar

That second image is fantastic!!!

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    That second image is fantastic!!!
    Thank you most kind sir.
    It's a beautiful place, difficult to capture

Real Name
    Peter

The second image would be my pick of the two, having looked at it on Flickr the car in the foreground gives a sense of scale to the surrounding buildings. They in turn define the size of the mountains. It’s a lovely scene, thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Barry

You certainly love your dogs, Sharon judging by your Flickr page. You also have a good eye for a landscape picture. I much like your second image. As for the first image, and for what it’s worth, maybe cropping some of the sky might be worth trying. I don’t consider myself an accomplished post-processor (previously steeped in darkroom techniques for many years), but simply spend some time playing around with an image and trying some more of the tools.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You certainly love your dogs, Sharon judging by your Flickr page. You also have a good eye for a landscape picture. I much like your second image. As for the first image, and for what it’s worth, maybe cropping some of the sky might be worth trying. I don’t consider myself an accomplished post-processor (previously steeped in darkroom techniques for many years), but simply spend some time playing around with an image and trying some more of the tools.
    Thank you!
    We better love our dogs, we sure have a gang of them (and all the associated lectures from people). LOL. Currently they are my full-time "job" since moving to Oregon (I was a long-term care ombudsman in WA State). Given the nature of field labs I am doing some fine tuning on the adults and of course puppies are puppies . Hope this late fall/early winter to at least go back to work in Elder advocacy part-time.
    I love landscapes (and street) but find it's difficult to really capture special places and create something that isn't what everyone has or could do. Appreciate your thoughts, you are right in terms of the sky ... and love that you were in the darkroom for years, I still have an old film camera that I love.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by ST1 View Post
    The second image would be my pick of the two, having looked at it on Flickr the car in the foreground gives a sense of scale to the surrounding buildings. They in turn define the size of the mountains. It’s a lovely scene, thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you Peter. I appreciate your comments.