Thread: Scorpion flies

Real Name
    les norman

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Scorpion flies

First one and second one are brilliant; third one is suffers a bit from the reflection of light from the body
    , but not so destructive; great!!!

Always difficult subjects so these have worked well. A little bit of editing would correct the issues that Nandakumar has mentioned.

What an amazing insect, Les, I did not know that they existed. Am sure we don't have any here in New Zealand. However, your post has prompted me to look at the web and have just read "30 interesting Scorpian Fly Facts". The last one is "The oldest known fossil of the Scorpion fly dates back to 250 million years from now, which is why, this insect is often known as the living fossil. As of today, there are over 600 different species of scorpion flies all over the world." Wow!

Real Name
    les norman

Quote Originally Posted by Jim A View Post
    What an amazing insect, Les, I did not know that they existed. Am sure we don't have any here in New Zealand. However, your post has prompted me to look at the web and have just read "30 interesting Scorpian Fly Facts". The last one is "The oldest known fossil of the Scorpion fly dates back to 250 million years from now, which is why, this insect is often known as the living fossil. As of today, there are over 600 different species of scorpion flies all over the world." Wow!
    Thanks Jim thats very interesting

Real Name
    les norman

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Always difficult subjects so these have worked well. A little bit of editing would correct the issues that Nandakumar has mentioned.
    Yes Geoff im sure it could be improved editing is not my best subject