Thread: Reevaluating some of my library, SURPRISE!!

Real Name
    Brian

Reevaluating some of my library, SURPRISE!!

I was rummaging through my photos looking for some that needed updating. I ran across this one, which I never really processed to my liking. So, I redid it. This is a 3 image HDR and processed for clarity/color. The more I look at it, the more I like it. This was from a 2014 trip to Alaska my wife and took. It is taken from the Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. This was our view for breakfast, which is a pretty awesome way to drink your morning coffee. Denali is the peak on the right.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Reevaluating some of my library, SURPRISE!!

I like it as well. My one suggestion is to work on tonality to separate the mountains--particularly the near mountains that aren't covered with snow--from the sky, to make the layers in the image stand out more. just for an illustration, I did a quick and dirty edit just with curves and a brush to illustrate the idea.

BTW, your image had no embedded color profile. It looked OK in firefox, which I think assigns sRGB if there is no embedded profile, but when I brought it into photoshop, it had no profile.

Real Name
    Ted

Helluva view and nicely processed!

Not sure about having the valley/river floor dead in the middle vertically. Perhaps crop a quarter off the bottom? I might crop about one fifth off the left too but that's arguable ... That bright mountain on the left draws my eye a bit ...

Real Name
    Nandakumar

That is majestic view; i too resonate some ideas of Ted. It is not the foreground trees, but the Mountain range that is the key subject of the image. So, i think cropping away some more from bottom so that only one third of the image is occupied by the trees. Anyhow this is a wonderful capture.....