Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS)

Quote Originally Posted by shreds View Post
    Just on the subject of remote triggers, a few years ago, we were doing a city centre shoot with a professional model and using wireless triggers. Great, until we tried to do the same with the model at the far end of a long rectangular ornamental pond with a flow of water in it.

Boy did the water upset the radio triggers that failed to function as we planned. In retrospect it is logical that the water could upset the transmission frequencies when beaming along the water.

Has anybody else experienced this phenomenon?
    I've never had this issue, but wonder if the issue wasn't the water, but the distance from the receiver or possibly the material used in the pond construction, for instance re-enforcing bars and or mesh? Triggers can vary wildly in terms of their usable range. I've used radio whole shooting along side a river and I was close to 100m / 330ft way from the receiver.

Real Name
    Bruce

In the manual mode of the Godox flash trigger system you can increase exposure from 0.3 to 0.7; however there is no EC if you want to decrease the exposure, other than decrease the overall power of the speedlight.
    The instruction manual does not even address this - pertaining to the manual mode. The instructions do inform you about EC in the TTL mode.

Bruce

Real Name
    David

I'm a fan of Godox. I have the X1T-F (for Fuji) master controller plus various mains powered flashes and Cobras. The system works beautifully, you can control each flash individually from the camera mounted controller, including turning on and off the modelling lights on the mains powered units.
    The TT685 cobra can function as a slave off camera, or as a master, controlling the others on camera. It does TTL and HSS. The menus are a bit cryptic, it takes time to master them, but it works beautifully. Friends tell me that the slightly more expensive model with a custom battery pack is worth the extra - mine takes rechargeable ni-mh AA cells and works just fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12