Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Network problems

Real Name
    Richard

Network problems

I have been having some network problems with a printer that I share with my wife's computer. I use this printer only for B&W printing. I have a Canon Pixma iP8720 which I use for my color prints. Although I access the iP8720 printer wirelessly, I do not share the use with my wife's computer and I have had no problems printing with it...

Even my computer guru could not figure out my problem and Google reported many instances of the same problem. The failure was intermittent. The Brother Laser I used for B&W work would go offline and I could not bring it online with my computer. I would need to go over to my wife's computer to start up that printer every time I needed to print something. This was a PITA, especially when she was working on Dog Rescue documentation...

I solved the problem with a low priced Monochrome laser printer (at just a bit over $100 USD) which I have near my monitor. The monitor has a couple of USB outlets and I connected the new printer to the monitor with a USB cable. No problems printing anymore...

I use the B&W printer for printing eBay labels, directions and for other non Photo oriented tasks...

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Network problems

I’ve lost network connectivity with at least two different printers over the years. The only solution I found was to delete he printer from the OS and reinstall it. However, that might just be my low level of competence with things network.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Real Name
    Mike

I have had occasional problems accessing my printer, and found the following to sometimes cure the problem.
    Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, Click on Services. Scroll down to Spooler. Right click on it and then click 'Restart'. (My son, who is in IT gave me this tip. As a fully qualified computer ignoramus, I have no idea of the logic behind it, but it seems to work).

Real Name
    Dan

thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it next time.