Thread: Me - 53 years ago

Real Name
    Richard

Me - 53 years ago

When I was 27-years old... I have only one or two images of myself during the 32 years I spent in the Navy. This is one that I just found...

Me - 53 years ago

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Me - 53 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    When I was 27-years old... I have only one or two images of myself during the 32 years I spent in the Navy. This is one that I just found...

Me - 53 years ago
    Awesome! Love that handsome smile. Great photo, thank you for sharing.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Some people (myself for instance) are better kept on the operating side of a camera. You are definitely not one of those. Funny during all those years documenting history , no one turned the camera on you.

Real Name
    Richard

There have been a few pictures of me - one which I liked very much, in camo jungle fatigues with a mopix camera in my hands (B&H Filmo) along a road as an armoured column passed by. This was the epitome of my "lean hard jungle fighter" look but, unfortunately I no longer have the image.

I was a motion picture cameraman - mopix crew chief. I did a lot of work alone but, did also supervise a camera crew. When I did, I would not let my mopix crew members carry a personal still camera. When one of the did, often he would be more interested i acquiring personal stills than in shooting motion pictures.

My wife found the above image in a box of hard copy still images that my mother sent me before she died. She wanted a picture of me in uniform to post on her facebook page in response to Trumps slander of our military dead and disabled. I liked this image better in response to Trump's comments...

Me - 53 years ago

Real Name
    Dan

I like this new photo a lot.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

If I read between Trump's lines correctly, you are not either a sucker or a loser because you were not captured or killed.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    There have been a few pictures of me - one which I liked very much, in camo jungle fatigues with a mopix camera in my hands (B&H Filmo) along a road as an armoured column passed by. This was the epitome of my "lean hard jungle fighter" look but, unfortunately I no longer have the image.

I was a motion picture cameraman - mopix crew chief. I did a lot of work alone but, did also supervise a camera crew. When I did, I would not let my mopix crew members carry a personal still camera. When one of the did, often he would be more interested i acquiring personal stills than in shooting motion pictures.

My wife found the above image in a box of hard copy still images that my mother sent me before she died. She wanted a picture of me in uniform to post on her facebook page in response to Trumps slander of our military dead and disabled. I liked this image better in response to Trump's comments...

Me - 53 years ago
    Nice story, and the 2nd photo just as handsome and a wonderful response to a real sucker and loser (sorry for offending anyone).

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

I saw your second image on your smugmug page a few days ago. I will not delve too deeply into the politics (not my country or election, but the result does have global implications) except to say the comment disparaging the military is so completely consistent with a pattern that it well nigh unto impossible to accept that is a hoax or false.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    If I read between Trump's lines correctly, you are not either a sucker or a loser because you were not captured or killed.
    I was one of the lucky ones... However many of my brothers were not as lucky and I could easily have turned out to be a "sucker or a loser" in T.T.'s definition...