Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: I needed a new mouse pad...

Real Name
    Richard

I needed a new mouse pad...

My mouse pad was a standard black pad that was several years old and it had become dirty and pretty ragged.

I took a chance on this type of pad and I really like it.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As the description indicates, this mouse pad is a lot more precise than using the standard black pad.

Real Name
    Dave

Re: I needed a new mouse pad...

Pleased that you got one that works for you, Richard.

A bit off topic, but staying with the mouse theme, I've been using a trackball mouse for a few years now. There are pros and cons as with everything, but for me the elimination of moving the actual mouse (so space saving and not needing a mat) make it worth while

I also imagine that it would work well for anyone with problems of tremor.

Any comments?

Real Name
    Manoj

you can try ebay OR amazon

Real Name
    Dan

The blurb says:

Precise surface enhances the precision of optical mice at fast speeds
    What we need in photo editing is precision at slow speeds. Still, it's only 7 bucks, so I ordered one to try out.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by davidedric View Post
    A bit off topic, but staying with the mouse theme, I've been using a trackball for a few years now. There are pros and cons as with everything, but for me the elimination of moving the actual mouse (so space saving and not needing a mat) make it worth while.

I also imagine that it would work well for anyone with problems of tremor.

Any comments?
    I had a trackball on my long-dead Mac some years ago, Dave. I don't remember it's ergonomics much, though.

But now I do have "essential tremor" diagnosed in both hands and mousing is quite often affected. If modern trackballs don't have those horrible maintenance-intensive rubber wheels inside, I might get one because my mouse pad is worn out.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    I had a trackball on my long-dead Mac some years ago, Dave. I don't remember it's ergonomics much, though.

But now I do have "essential tremor" diagnosed in both hands and mousing is quite often affected. If modern trackballs don't have those horrible maintenance-intensive rubber wheels inside, I might get one because my mouse pad is worn out.
    The last trackball I used (and that has to be over 20 years ago now) had optical sensors in the housing and the ball itself had a textured (printed) surface. There were some small "supports" inside the housing that needed to be cleaned every now and then.

I never took to a track ball because of the amount of effort it takes to move the cursor between the corners of the screen.

I do most of my work with an optical mouse for the "crude" stuff and will use a Wacom tablet with stylus for the precision work.

Real Name
    Dave

I'm a bit limited in my choice of trackball, because I need a left handed one and I can ony find one company that makes them.

Anyway, on mine at least, there is no particular maintenance needed. Just pop out the ball and wipe it every so often.

I guess they are all different. With mine, there's little effort required to move the pointer across the screen - the ball has sufficient weight that a quick flick moves it.