Thread: Business gone, lives on hold

Real Name
    Ole

Business gone, lives on hold

This is an image we see more and more of here in Melbourne. This city has been in lockdown for a while now while the rest of Australia is opening up, in fact regional Victoria is virtually Covid free. C&C welcome.

Business gone, lives on holdBusiness gone, lives on hold by Ole Hansen, on Flickr

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Business gone, lives on hold

It looks like corona is somewhere around to jump on to a passerby
    Last edited by Wavelength; 7th October 2020 at 01:28 AM.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    This is an image we see more and more of here in Melbourne. This city has been in lockdown for a while now while the rest of Australia is opening up, in fact regional Victoria is virtually Covid free. C&C welcome.

Business gone, lives on holdBusiness gone, lives on hold by Ole Hansen, on Flickr
    I went there, Ole, and it said "
    Ole Hansen hasn't made any photos public yet."

Real Name
    Ted

Good old Flickr strikes again ...

... protegere ad absurdum ...
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 10th March 2021 at 07:14 PM.

Sorry, but I cannot access the link in the OP, it comes up with an error from the Flickr site and further efforts indicate that Ole has not made any images public.

There is a constant highlighting of the distress caused to businesses by the impacts of the COVID pandemic. Without doubt, the pain being felt is fully justified, but a proposal that to avoid distress it is necessary to open up society again to re-invigorate the economy is necessary and even a good idea is deeply flawed. One only has to look at the impact of uncontrolled socialization where there is community transmission - inevitably, there has to be a return to the harshest lock-down measures and in the interim people are sick, suffering and dying - and businesses that wanted more engagement are still not able to do so.

Real Name
    Ole

I am having a ball! I think this is the image in question.

Business gone, lives on holdBuildings for lease, lives on hold by Ole Hansen, on Flickr

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Dear all,

I have deleted the spam post and the reactions to it - they won't make sense in a few days time.

Cheers,
    Dave

Covid pandemic indeed affected all the branches in the world. I have many friends who were forced to close their local businesses because they spent more money by keeping them close or with only two clients per day. Still, some of them didn't have the proper knowledge on how to keep the business alive. Some of them don't even know the terms such as cash flow and other related to business. During the pandemic, one of my friends began studying on platforms such as https://www.calxa.com/what-is-a-cash-flow-forecast. It helped him understand how to keep his business alive. He now is happy that the restrictions are barely over, and he managed to pass this well.
    Last edited by Maplepsan; 28th May 2021 at 01:47 AM.