Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: After the fires

Real Name
    Sharon

After the fires

The recent fires that started in my small town of Ashland were quite intense and wiped out entire towns north of us. I remember seeing the plumes of smoke just across the fields from us.
    I snapped this photo after much of the smoke had disappeared, giving kind of a spooky look.
    I wasn't sure about cropping more of the foreground (I love cattails), or even whether this was a keeper, but anyhow, here it is.

Yes the PP is a bit unusual...and many of the trees in the background were charred.

After the firesAfter the fires by sharonkay finley, on Flickr

Real Name
    Ole

Re: After the fires

Sharon, I like this image a lot. The green and the yellow against the devastation in the background illustrate the terrible impact of the fires.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Darren Lewey

A powerful image. The barn really adds something as well. I tried a crop as you suggested but not sure it gains anything. The cattails add another layer. Distant subjects can appear a bit too one dimensional without foreground interest. In this instance, the three layers create depth within the frame.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

I really like this multi layered image; the foreground fence adds to the appeal; of course i feel sorry for the sufferings the fire brought