Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Video Editing

Real Name
    Richard

Video Editing

Does anyone know of a forum somewhat like this that deals with video?

I realize that this forum is aimed at still photography and that is what I have always been shooting... For some
    strange reason, I could never get my mind wrapped around video editing and it was difficult enough that I always dropped it rather than working to learn an editing program.

When my iPhone 6 died, I replaced it with the iPhone 11, I was able to see the LCD screen on this phone better than I ever had been able to on my iPhone 6, so I decided to try video.

I downloaded the free Apple editing program, "iMovie" onto the iPhone and really liked it. For the first time, I found a video editing program that was intuitive for me. The only problem was editing on the small LCD of the iPhone. I tried some simple edits on my wife's older iPad and liked it.

I have ordered a new iPad 8th Generation from Amazon (got it on sale) and have loaded the Videoshop App on the iPhone and will also load it onto the iPad when it arrives. The Videoshop App can be a stand alone editing App but, I plan to use it as an adjunct to iMovie.

I also plan to use Filmic Pro on the iPhone which will allow me to take greater control of the iPhone when shooting video. I also have an SD Card to Lightning connector so I can upload videos that I shot on my Sony mirrorless cameras to iMovie. This will, of course, enlarge my video capabilities.

One of my favorite camera/lens combinations for video has turned out to be the Sony A6600 and Rokinon 14mm f//2.8 lens which provide a 21mm equivalent focal length.

Real Name
    Ted

Re: Video Editing

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    Does anyone know of a forum somewhat like this that deals with video?
    https://www.dpreview.com/forums/1045

Haven't tried it myself ...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Try http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/

This was considered one of the top video sites when I was more into video work.

Real Name
    Richard

Thank you both... These sites look very interesting... Lots of enjoyable time ahead...

I am still amazed at the size and weight of the gear that I can capture video with... I did a film of a U.S. Navy surgical team working in a Vietnamese Hospital in 1967 and since we needed to do a lot of lighting and were shooting sync sound, our gear weighed well over 1,000 pounds... I know this because we weighed the gear before we took he flight from Saigon to Rach Gia, the city in which the hospital was located...

I could do the same thing with a mirrorless camera and some LED lighting at a tenth of that weight. In fact, I could get a quality product with my iPhone and a couple of lights like this one...

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used the video editor which comes with Photoshop CC. Nothing fancy about it but it has done everything which I required.

For more complicated splicing of clips I use Photodex Proshow which I originally purchased for producing single image slideshows but will also join up video clips with fancy transitions etc.

Real Name
    GeorgeGetNA

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    For some
    strange reason, I could never get my mind wrapped around video editing and it was difficult enough that I always dropped it rather than working to learn an editing program.
    Agree. I also have seen this process as very complex, and it took me a lot of time to start editing. When I began, I thought I was again at school and learning maths.