Thread: Arrow

Real Name
    Sharon

Arrow

One of our field lab pups Arrow. She is super cute and sweet. This was taken a couple months ago upon arrival in So Oregon (at an Air BNB). The background could be better and technicals could be better as well, but she's such a cute pup. (11 months old now). She's also wired really high, she doesn't walk she bounces, leaps, jumps. She also still has a hard time controlling her excitement, and will still jump at at me and try to bite me in the face when over excited (not hard, more of an attention gathering thing). Sure, we work on it, but I also don't want to kill any dogs spirit, nor do I believe in "robot dogs"... or over trained dogs that just respond to commands. We are not in any danger of over training, but we are managing our brood, while at the same time "fine tuning".

Arrow20200519-FullSizeRender-3 by sharonkay finley, on Flickr

Re: Arrow

Lovely pup.

Real Name
    Daniel

I love your dog story and photo of Arrow. I miss having a dog. When the time is right I'm getting another one..

Real Name
    roy

Bonny dog, lovely expression

Real Name
    Richard

I also love the expression on this beautiful girl...

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by rpcrowe View Post
    I also love the expression on this beautiful girl...
    Thank you sir. She really is a beautiful pup. Most difficult is in many ways the two pups are "COVID pups" and it's been difficult. We started off with great controlled and easy going socialization and then everything stopped. Definitely taken a step back especially with Arrow who is more sensitive. She had a rough vet visit recently where she was just over the top scared and we had to mildly sedate and muzzle her
    (both female pups just got ovary sparing spays).

Working on making up some ground now. She's a really big sweetheart, and I love her color and big lab ears.

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    I love your dog story and photo of Arrow. I miss having a dog. When the time is right I'm getting another one..
    Daniel, I understand. I just can't imagine life without a dog. (or 4 LOL).

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by royent View Post
    Bonny dog, lovely expression
    Thank you Roy :-)
    (I know what Bonny means, given my hubby was born in London)

Real Name
    Sharon

Quote Originally Posted by Rita View Post
    Lovely pup.
    Thank you Rita, we are very lucky.

Real Name
    Richard

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    Daniel, I understand. I just can't imagine life without a dog. (or 4 LOL).
    Judy and I (and our daughter) feel the same way. I just cannot imagine coming home and not being greeted by loads of canine love. My daughter has just experienced a very trying divorce and she says that the unconditional love from her dogs have saved her sanity...

Real Name
    Sharon

Judy and I (and our daughter) feel the same way. I just cannot imagine coming home and not being greeted by loads of canine love. My daughter has just experienced a very trying divorce and she says that the unconditional love from her dogs have saved her sanity...
    Hi Richard, I'm very sorry for your daughter. However, yes... dogs make everything so much easier. We don't really deserve them, so much kinder than most human beings.

Real Name
    Richard

I wonder what the result might be if an American field Lab were crossed with an English Lab...

However, I feel pretty certain that many pet Labradors carry genes from both types of Lab...

I love Labs but, if I were younger and needed/wanted to get another large dog, I would choose another Goldendoodle...

I am a member of 23 and me DNA site and have just met online my second cousin who lives between Boston and New York, in Connecticut. The reason I mention this is that she has five rescue dogs: a Great Pyrenees, a Saint Bernard and a Labrador as well as two Pomeranians. Now that's a housefull! I'd love to meet them in person if this darn Covid ever is over with

Real Name
    Sharon

I wonder what the result might be if an American field Lab were crossed with an English Lab...

However, I feel pretty certain that many pet Labradors carry genes from both types of Lab...

I love Labs but, if I were younger and needed/wanted to get another large dog, I would choose another Goldendoodle...

I am a member of 23 and me DNA site and have just met online my second cousin who lives between Boston and New York, in Connecticut. The reason I mention this is that she has five rescue dogs: a Great Pyrenees, a Saint Bernard and a Labrador as well as two Pomeranians. Now that's a housefull! I'd love to meet them in person if this darn Covid ever is over with

COVID is absolutely a struggle, so depressing, heart breaking, isolating you name it. Our two young pups have taken a step back from their comfort levels with the outside world, as we have been so isolated. I started taking all puppies out and about at 5 weeks. Once COVID hit our two didn't get much exposure, and it's hard.

I think there are some mixes of field and english. I know our two adults are specifically field bred, since the pedigree and all that DNA and stuff goes way back for them. We've had a mix of the two as well I believe, with our previous boy and current 14 year old. Different looks and temperament for sure.

We get asked about Arrow a lot because not many people are used to the field lab look. She's very lanky too. And she sometimes will bark and howl like a hound dog hahah.

THAT is a houseful hahah. I bet the Pomeranians are the most difficult to handle LOL.