Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: On Trickey Pond

Real Name
    Andrew

On Trickey Pond

In an escape from the constant bombardment of political and pandemic news my wife and I rented a little cabin on Trickey Pond in Maine. We were fortunate to have great weather, no neighbors and a lovely pond. I made this photo on the morning of our departure. Comments and criticisms are always welcome.

On Trickey Pond

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

Re: On Trickey Pond

Hi Andrew,

Falling in to the category "hindsight is easy", I think I would have seen if there was a slightly different framing of the scene so that the foreground leaves did not 'touch' the reflection of the trees, allowing the eye to explore the composition by following the sky reflection in the water's surface. You have the nice curve of the boat from lower right corner to follow, but it is blocked by those leaves.

It might even be rescued with some cloning, if that's acceptable to you, by 'pruning' a few leaves off.
    I'd also brighten a little, if mine.

I could demonstrate if you wish.

Cheers,
    Dave

Re: On Trickey Pond

I am of the same opinion as Dave but I think I would go a little further and crop away the left side leaves to end up with something like a 5 x 4 ratio. Maybe a mix of crop and clone.

What was the intended subject? About a quarter of the scene is occupied by those bottom left corner leaves.