Thread: Daphne

Daphne

April, 2001. About a year old at the time. She was supposed to be a Labrador retriever, but somewhere along the genetic line, there was something else introduced. The brindle markings were quite striking in a dog that was in every other way a Lab. I've hunted over some great field dogs, including her predecessor, Star, and as a young man Pete, a grandson of King Buck, the first to grace a U.S. postage stamp, who belonged to my best friend. Daphne was right up there with them, and she hunted until she was past 13. I miss her and Star every day. The colors in this slide, which I scanned this morning, were fairly intact, though the magenta channel had to be adjusted. This is as close as I could get, as I am by no means an expert technician:
    DaphneDaphne, April 2001 by tombarry975, on Flickr

Real Name
    Judith

Re: Daphne

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Barry View Post
    April, 2001. About a year old at the time. She was supposed to be a Labrador retriever, but somewhere along the genetic line, there was something else introduced. The brindle markings were quite striking in a dog that was in every other way a Lab. I've hunted over some great field dogs, including her predecessor, Star, and as a young man Pete, a grandson of King Buck, the first to grace a U.S. postage stamp, who belonged to my best friend. Daphne was right up there with them, and she hunted until she was past 13. I miss her and Star every day. The colors in this slide, which I scanned this morning, were fairly intact, though the magenta channel had to be adjusted. This is as close as I could get, as I am by no means an expert technician:
    DaphneDaphne, April 2001 by tombarry975, on Flickr
    lots of good memories I bet!

You bet. I find going through my old files triggers memories of people, dogs, places and things, and events. It also corrects my memory's distortions of what actually took place long ago.

Real Name
    Sharon

Sweet story Tom. Brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing how much of an impact dogs have on our lives. She is beautiful, thank you for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelife65 View Post
    Sweet story Tom. Brought tears to my eyes. It is amazing how much of an impact dogs have on our lives. She is beautiful, thank you for sharing.
    I was in a deep funk after Star died, and our son brought me right out of it when he surprised me with the 6 week old pup as a birthday present.