Thread: Snow in them there hills--2013

Real Name
    Judith

Snow in them there hills--2013

Part of my revisiting a 2013 trip--critique is most welcome so I continue to grow.

Snow in them there hills--2013snow in them there hills by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Snow in them there hills--2013

Judith - this is a lovely scene, but my first impression is that the image is not quite sharp.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Judith - this is a lovely scene, but my first impression is that the image is not quite sharp.
    that seems to be a real problem for me--my eyes are old but I still ought to be able to get sharp images. I suspect this was taken from a moving vehicle so that is the likely culprit. and shutter speed was 1/50th which wouldn't help. I have learned a few things since 2013. Will look to more recent images and see what I find.

Thanks for commenting.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Its a beautiful image...yet, i too had the same feeling as Manfred's...and you mentioned its reason too....

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanflyer View Post
    that seems to be a real problem for me--my eyes are old but I still ought to be able to get sharp images. I suspect this was taken from a moving vehicle so that is the likely culprit. and shutter speed was 1/50th which wouldn't help. I have learned a few things since 2013. Will look to more recent images and see what I find.

Thanks for commenting.
    Judith - this is all part of the learning experience. Sometimes I still try to grab a shot from a moving vehicle, but generally try not to because of the low success rate. Movement, framing, etc. are all hard to do and windows are another optical surface that has a negative effect on image clarity. There are eight years between 2018 and 2021; based on your more recent postings, you have certainly learned a lot.