Thread: Lazy Sunday Morning

Real Name
    Greg

Lazy Sunday Morning

This image was shot on balmy Sunday morning when the air was cool and the sun was warm, the kind of morning when you don't feel like doing anything but lazing around. Even the wind was too lazy to blow so there was hardly a ripple on the harbour which allowed a mirror reflection and the buoys were just hanging 'round.

Comments are welcome but please DO NOT alter, revise or edit this image in any way.

Lazy Sunday MorningLazy-Sunday-Morning_84A3588 by Greg, on Flickr

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Re: Lazy Sunday Morning

If the buoy were slightly more to the left top corner and knot in the rope more toward centre, the punch would have been better? just a thought.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Another interesting piece, Greg.

I can only infer that you had a lovely day to wander around the harbour and take pictures. My views on large areas of crushed shadow detail are well known and that is really the only negative comment I would make here.

All that being said, I compare your weather to ours. Temperatures were hovering around -20°C (-4°F) and brilliant sunshine with very hard light and hard shadows.. Not a day conducive to getting the camera out and wandering around taking pictures. As we are almost a month into a province wide lock-down / stay at home order, the weather outside makes it easier for me to comply.

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    If the buoy were slightly more to the left top corner and knot in the rope more toward centre, the punch would have been better? just a thought.
    Perhaps, but I was more interested in the curves and "circles". I composed the image to suggest the lack of movement - everything horizontal in the middle of the frame.

Real Name
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Another interesting piece, Greg.

I can only infer that you had a lovely day to wander around the harbour and take pictures. My views on large areas of crushed shadow detail are well known and that is really the only negative comment I would make here.

All that being said, I compare your weather to ours. Temperatures were hovering around -20°C (-4°F) and brilliant sunshine with very hard light and hard shadows.. Not a day conducive to getting the camera out and wandering around taking pictures. As we are almost a month into a province wide lock-down / stay at home order, the weather outside makes it easier for me to comply.
    Actually the photo was taken some time ago. If you wish to compare weather, we are currently enduring a heat wave - or at least, a weather pattern that the bureau now calls a heat wave. The days are around 40 but the nights drop to 25. Before the invention of global warming a real heat wave would see the overnight minimum stay around 35, and the current weather would have been no more than a warm spell.