Javier Ramirez

Summer Time

Summer Time

Real Name
    Sharon

Re: Summer Time

Quote Originally Posted by Javier View Post
    Summer Time
    While I’m not a professional nor do I do a lot of portraits here’s my amateur take:
    Her skin in places (arms in particular) looks way over smoothed to the point of looking soft. Doesnt look real to me.
    You cut her foot off with a really tight crop.
    Hot spots on face/.

Like the expression. Nice

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Another nice image Javier. As Sharon has pointed out, cutting of the feet and fingers the way you did is generally not going to give you the strongest image.

This image has some of the same issues as the previous one you posted. The "hot spots" on the pillars, wall, clothing etc. take away from your model's face. That is the part of the image you really want the viewer to be drawn to. Burning those spots down and dodging the face open things up.

Summer Time

Real Name
    Dan

I agree with the comments above.

Re processing: I don't know what you did, but it's more than smoothing skin. It's somewhat hard to see at this small size, but you have clear halos along some edges. The most obvious is the dark one above the right arm, but there are some in other places too, for example, along the bottoms of the right thigh and left calf. One often gets halos by over sharpening, but that's presumably not the problem here. My guess is that some skin-smoothing process didn't find the borders accurately. Whatever it is, it success that the image is overly processed.