Thread: Dreams and Serenades

Real Name
    Daniel

Dreams and Serenades

I took this quick cell phone photo this week. Comments welcomed.

[IMG]Dreams and SerenadesDreams of Seranade by pongo now, on Flickr[/IMG]

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Dreams and Serenades

A nicely crafted street photography image, Daniel. It is very effective.

The crop at the bottom of the frame is a bit too tight and there might be a bit too much space at the top. I bit of post processing work to tame some of the distractions would be worth considering.

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you, Manfred. The lighting was terrible, as you might suspect. I made a curve adjustment which swapped the light and dark areas. That's why the guy sleeping has a dark mask. Then I added a copy of the original and brought back the color to the violinist and face and hands of passengers. I started another version, but I find you can adjust and alter to no end. It can use a cut on the top. I might attempt to add a bit of space on the bottom.

On another note: He played incredibly well. It totally altered the mood on the train to something more peaceful and calming.

Real Name
    Martin

I think it is a great street photograph, Daniel. It tells a story. As Manfred said, it is cropped too close to the bottom, hence cutting the foot. To me, it looks slightly "washed out" and in need of some saturation. However, if you were going for that "surreal" look, I think it still needs a little more experimentation.
    p.s. I hope you paid the busker!

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Nice image

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Wandjina View Post
    I think it is a great street photograph, Daniel. It tells a story. As Manfred said, it is cropped too close to the bottom, hence cutting the foot. To me, it looks slightly "washed out" and in need of some saturation. However, if you were going for that "surreal" look, I think it still needs a little more experimentation.
    p.s. I hope you paid the busker!
    Hello Martin. I started a second version and increased the saturation in the passenger's clothing. Eventually, I'll try to add space at the bottom and recreate the sliver missing from the shoe and crop from the top.

The "busker" was well taken care of. It looked like one in three paid tribute. Thank you for commenting. Daniel