Thread: Stephanie - Tattoo Model

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Stephanie - Tattoo Model

This is another image that has continued to evolve a bit.

Heavily tattooed young women are not everyone's taste, but it is certainly a high impact image.

Stephanie - Tattoo Model
    Last edited by Manfred M; 9th March 2021 at 06:52 PM.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Re: Stephanie - Tattoo Model

Love it.

Real Name
    Mark

This is nice. I've noticed a few of your images now and see you produce really high quality work. I'll be taking a looksee at your website!

Real Name
    Dan

Heavily tatooed people aren't to my taste, regardless of gender, but this is a striking portrait.

I know that very little of what shows up in your images is accidental, so I have to ask: why did you use such hot lighting on the front of the face? It's hotter than your norm, if I recall others correctly. You have a lot of areas with luminosity >80 on the Photoshop LAB scale, and a fair number between 85 and 90. I usually don't measure them, but my recollection is that you usually tend toward calmer lighting. Was the idea to make this close to high-key?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Heavily tatooed people aren't to my taste, regardless of gender, but this is a striking portrait.

I know that very little of what shows up in your images is accidental, so I have to ask: why did you use such hot lighting on the front of the face? It's hotter than your norm, if I recall others correctly. You have a lot of areas with luminosity >80 on the Photoshop LAB scale, and a fair number between 85 and 90. I usually don't measure them, but my recollection is that you usually tend toward calmer lighting. Was the idea to make this close to high-key?
    The subject matter is the main reason I pushed harder than I normally do here, Dan. I also left a lot of little blemishes in the image that I would normally remove in post. I felt that this image would be more effective with a harder, edgy look. You are right, this is not my usual style.

I also shot her against a black background during the shoot and found that the look was not "edgy" enough.