Thread: After the rain

Real Name
    Brad

After the rain

Spring has come early to Montréal, we've already had our first small thunderstorm of the year. Early in the morning after a night of rain I walked down to the river, which was shrouded in mist, and watched the sun rise and burn off the fog as the clouds receded, it was magic. Shot with a 43-year-old Minolta Rokkor MD 24mm/2.8 (at f11) on Sony A7iii. The Rokkors are known for their saturated colors and I actually desaturated this image a bit but could go further.

After the rainAfter the rain, another view by Brad Hurley, on Flickr
    Last edited by bhurley; 27th March 2021 at 11:59 AM.

Re: After the rain

Good clear scene.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

I liked the clouds on the left hand side and the entire right hand side; but some how ever the stagnated water especially the floating drum on the left side has some adverse effect; that being my personal feeling

Real Name
    Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
    I liked the clouds on the left hand side and the entire right hand side; but some how ever the stagnated water especially the floating drum on the left side has some adverse effect; that being my personal feeling
    Good point! I've become kind of blind to that drum as it's been there for at least 15 years and I see it every day on my morning walk. I think it's there to warn boaters about the dam so they don't accidentally go over it. The water on the left isn't actually stagnant, it's a river (the white bits are ice, this is a late-winter/early spring scene) although its surface is calmer than the water on the right due to the run-of-river hydroelectric generating plant visible in the distance; it slows down the current.

Real Name
    Nandakumar

Thank you; actually i saw the water running down at the distance. I was referring to the local nature of water in front ; but i think the drum cannot serve the purpose, because people may still not aware of the danger involved, if not warned by a board on the dam wall.

Real Name
    Daniel

Your description of the scene was incredible. I found it more beautiful than the image. I don't think your photo can convey what you experienced that morning as well as your words. It must have been amazing.