Thread: Kulshan - head shot

Real Name
    Sharon

Kulshan - head shot

I was sitting on the ground with Kulshan our boy. He sometimes likes to sit on my lap (all 76 pounds of him).
    He's a really awesome dog.
    Love the pose, not a perfect capture, as I got too tight on his ear and captured some of our fence which I tried unsuccessfully to clone out (must learn this tool better). May have cropped a little too high as well.

Can't believe they will be 3 years old in June. By 7, they may calm down... I prefer them to not calm down though.

Thanks for looking.

Kulshan - head shotKulshan by sharonkay finley, on Flickr

Real Name
    Joe

Re: Kulshan - head shot

It's a beautiful shot. Although cropped too close on the ear, the fine detail you captured on his whiskers more than makes up for that.

Love it, Sharon! He is so alert to that moment in time. My thought is that I would isolate his eye in pp, before making it more visible and more apparent. It must be really great to share your life with him. Thanks for sharing with us!

Real Name
    Sharon

Thanks Joe and Jim for your comments. He's a great dog (field labrador) but boy a handful, this breed line is not for the faint of heart or the sedentary
    And we have FOUR of them.
    He's our most "reliable" socially, pretty sweet and goofy but is also thinking he's the property patrol.
    Thanks again for the comments and suggestions, the eye focus is a good idea. I must learn photoshop.