Thread: Bridge 2021 not consistent in opening images

Real Name
    Richard

Bridge 2021 not consistent in opening images

I always shoot RAW...

When I use the "get photos from camera or memory card" command in Adobe Bridge 2021, sometimes the series of images that I have opened appears in the workspace. Other times I have to navigate to those images.

No big problem, except it slows down my workflow a bit. I wonder why Bridge is not consistent in the way it opens the new images?

Re: Bridge 2021 not consistent in opening images

I have found recent versions of Bridge to be somewhat unstable and it often stops responding, particularly when it has just been opened and I am searching for thumbnail images; but it clears itself after a few minutes. Occasionally it totally locks up and even crashes the whole computer. But I haven't noticed any problems along the lines of what you are experiencing. I will have a look at my settings and see if I am doing anything differently from you.

Is there a problem with your chosen upload destination point? There have been a few recent changes to the way Bridge operates. I usually convert images to DNG format during uploading and I previously had Bridge doing this automatically but now I have to select that command every time I upload anything.

Just double checked my upload procedure and I wonder if you always have Open Adobe Bridge checkbox ticked? It defaults to being selected on my menu but possibly that could be a variable option?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Richard - I have not encountered any issues with the most recent version of Bridge and have not run into any of the stability issues Geoff has mentioned.

Bridge seems to stay in the folder that was originally opened and I have to manually navigate to the recently downloaded images.

Bridge locked up my computer again today. Almost finished some simple adjustments and all the adjustment options greyed out. Couldn't move or cancel anything so my only way forward was to switch off the computer and start again. I have no idea what is going wrong. It only happens occasionally.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Bridge locked up my computer again today. Almost finished some simple adjustments and all the adjustment options greyed out. Couldn't move or cancel anything so my only way forward was to switch off the computer and start again. I have no idea what is going wrong. It only happens occasionally.
    My suggestion would be a check to see that all your drivers are up to date

I am using the latest version of Bridge. There are some oddities occurring when using a Wacom Tablet so that might be part of the problem.

When attempting to move some adjustment sliders I have to right click the pen and hold while dragging. But as the lock up issue only happens occasionally I have been putting off doing any more thinking until I have more time. Something else added to that long list of 'one day jobs'.

Have you sorted your original problem, Richard?