Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: old boiler

Real Name
    Dan

old boiler

This is from the Massachusetts Museum of Contemporary Art (Mass MoCA) in North Adams, MA. For those who don't know it, it's a massive modern art museum located in a number of previously abandoned 19th century mill buildings. The old boiler building has been preserved but is partially open to the elements. Unfortunately, it is tempoararily closed, so I had to shoot this at ISO 800 from outside the building.

C&C welcome, as always.

old boiler

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: old boiler

It is a relatively modern boiler design; we can see the water drum and the water tubes where the water is turned into steam. This looks like a fairly small package boiler that would have been built in a factory and shipped (by rail or truck) to the installation site.

Large steam generators have the parts made at the factory and are shipped in pieces for on-site assembly.

Where can I find another art museum?

Real Name
    Dan

I don't know what MIAM is, but I don't see any indication that Mass MoCA is closed (https://massmoca.org/visit/). I'm on their mailing list and don't recall getting anything about closures.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    I don't know what MIAM is, but I don't see any indication that Mass MoCA is closed (https://massmoca.org/visit/). I'm on their mailing list and don't recall getting anything about closures.
    Dan - French site with art and sales of things. Looks like the originator posted the spam links yesterday and that has now been taken care of.

Real Name
    Dan

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk