Thread: Returning whale watching boat

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Returning whale watching boat

Returning whale watching boat - Forillon National Park, Gaspé, Quebec, Canada. The boats travel into the Gulf of St Lawrence to look for large marine mammals.

This semi-inflatable boat is quite fast and maneuverable and allows the boat to get to places where whales and dolphins are spotted quite quickly. It can get a bit wet, hence the passengers in the yellow raincoats. Operators are limited, by law, as to how close they can approach the marine mammals.

This was taken a few years ago and processed today.

Returning whale watching boat

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Returning whale watching boat

Manfred,

Sorry, but this one doesn't do much for me. I don't see technical issues, although for my taste, I would crop a little less tightly on the bottom and dodge a bit. The problem for me is that I don't find the subject interesting enough. I can see using this photo for publicity purposes, but I don't find it very interesting as an image.

Dan

Real Name
    Daniel

I like the concept and possibilities. The problem for me is the people. If this was going to be an effective publicity photo the passengers and crew would all be smiling like they just saw a whale. You would have to arrange with the boat captain to set it up. Say cheese!

Real Name
    Sharon

Agree with some of the comments sorry Manfred.
    Just not super interesting, no real focal point and the water looks strange. It also feels pushed a little too much with some off tones in the faces and really high saturation. I also agree that nobody really looks like they had a great time.
    I’m not a professional but just my inexperienced thoughts.