Thread: You & me

Real Name
    Javier Ramirez

You & me

You & me

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: You & me

Another solid image, Javier, but in my view not nearly as interesting as your previous one of this model.

I still find the lighting on your model's chest too bright. The skull is far too bright and the candles in the background are a significant distraction. There is also some strange artifact above your model's head.

Real Name
    Len

A Shakespeare impression? Alas, poor Yorik! ( Hamlet )

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

I like the style of this image even more than the previous one, which was very good.

But I think the "moon" above the model's head is distracting, and the candle glow bhind the skull is not working.

You are very close however to a terrific shot

Real Name
    Greg

If you moved the moon up a bit and to the right, you would have a strong triangular stucture.

The scene is so bright, I wonder why the candles are lit because they are not illuminating anything. The shadow of the candelabra shows the light is falling away from the model, not towards her.

I like the concept though.

Real Name
    Dan

Sorry, but this one doesn't work well for me. I much prefer your earlier one. Some issues for me:

--the candle glow looks fake.
    --as mentioned, the white sphere above her head is distracting. It looks like a reflection in the lens.
    --the relative brightness doesn't work for me. Why is the skull brighter than her face? And I agree with Manfred about the relative brightness of her face and chest.
    --the lighting of the skull looks artificial. The image should have an apparent light source. The skull is in front of the candles and much brighter then them. It would be in shadow unless there is a bright light on this side. There is, of course, but would there be in the scene you are trying to show?

Real Name
    Philip

The posts above regarding relative brightness make sense to me, but then I have to wonder whether I am bright enough for this forum, as I really don't understand the point of this image.

Philip

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by FootLoose View Post
    The scene is so bright, I wonder why the candles are lit because they are not illuminating anything.
    I'm guessing they are lit in order to provide ambience, Greg.

In post, I would darken the candlesticks but not the flames. I would select the skull and, while darkening most of it, also attempt to provide faux back-lighting with a gradient mask or summat.
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 3rd September 2021 at 07:14 PM.