Thread: Two Candles

Real Name
    Daniel

Two Candles

Took this photo the other morning from my couch. Maybe I should try to get out a bit more.

Two Candles

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Re: Two Candles

I'm sorry, this image is not working all that well for me.

The two candle sticks are not really visually connected (too far apart). The bottom left corner of the shelf that they are standing on is quite distracting and the light on the top third of the image just seems to not do much at all.

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you, Manfred. The separation is an issue that you can't get away from. The original has room on the left to just show one candle. But I would lose the pattern on the right which I like.
    Two Candles[/url]

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    Thank you, Manfred. The separation is an issue that you can't get away from. The original has room on the left to just show one candle. But I would lose the pattern on the right which I like.
    So what's to stop your from moving them to a location where you can get a stronger shot? If you took them from your couch, I suspect no one will mind if you take them to a better shooting location.

Real Name
    Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    So what's to stop your from moving them to a location where you can get a stronger shot? If you took them from your couch, I suspect no one will mind if you take them to a better shooting location.
    I liked the light and shadows. That's what prompted me to take the photos. The candles are secondary. It was more exploratory on my part. I often notice how the light coming through the windows and the shadows that are cast. One of my windows is blocked by a blue tarp suspended outside while I do cement work. The tarp modified the lighting. I just thought it was interesting the soft and hard shadows that were created.