Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Wharf and launch

Wharf and launch

The colour is very nice, in my opinion, but here is the B&W version. Comments?

Wharf and launch

Real Name
    Bill

Re: Wharf and launch

I like the clouds and the overall concept, but have two minor niggles about the composition. FIrst and most obvious is the positioning of the launch which is crying out to be lined up with the end of the jetty; can you try a digital relocation? Second and more difficult to deal with is the white-topped structures at the right; they catch the eye and spoil the symmetry.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

+1 to Bill's comments. His observations echo my views as well. Those bollards with the white tops are very distracting. The whole balance of the image tilts to the right.

Real Name
    Dan

you could select and darken the bollard caps, doing the conical parts a second time because they are brighter. However, there are a couple of things that make this tougher than it would be. There are some bright spots on the cones that become more evident when the cones are darkened. Also, there are some halos that aren't all that obvious except on the left-side bollards but that become apparent when you select the caps and darken them. These interfere with a clean selection. Perhaps if you did the selection before any other editing the selections might be cleaner.