Thread: Ten months old this week

Real Name
    Richard

Ten months old this week

Serena will be ten months old in a few days. She weighs about 60-65 pounds now.

Ten months old this week

Ten months old this week

I shot these images because I wanted to see what kind of quality I could get shooting my A6600 with the 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 lens at 1/1,000 second at f/8 using auto ISO on an overcast morning. With the heavy morning overcast, I was able to shoot at ISO 800 using that combination of shutter speed and aperture. It is 1/2 stop down from maximum aperture.

I am planning to use these settings to shoot the Super Girl Surfing Contest this Friday.

Since I will have the opportunity to shoot many surfers, I will also try 1/1.000 @ f/6.3 and also 1/500 @ f/6.3 The latter should allow me to shoot at ISO 320 but, might not be a fast enough shutter speed. While the 1/1,000 @ f/6.3 should give me a lower ISO in this overcast condition...

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Ten months old this week

Serena is adorable and her eyes are so calm. Naughty 20% of the time? Quite possible but that is half the fun of having a dog.
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Ten months old this week

Serena's behavior has improved drastically over the last 2-months or so. She originally behaved very much like the typical Great Pyrenees in that she would come when called only when she thought that she should. Pyrenees are independent (possibly due to their thousands of years existing very much alone as flock guardians). However, Serena has turned the corner and will readily come to me (not so much to my wife) when I call her. Treats are the basis of her obedience combined with very positive reinforcement.
    Also lately, it seems that Serena is always close to one of us. Early on, she was a pretty independent pooch and preferred to be on her own.
    She is not large for a Great Pyr but, she is extremely powerful but, also very gentle when playing with our small dogs. Her best buddy is my daughter's dog, Duke...

Ten months old this week

but, she also has bonded to Little Holly, our five-pound, three-legged Maltese.

Ten months old this week

This shot was done when Serena was five-months old...