Thread: Red & Blue Glassware

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Red & Blue Glassware

I'm still continuing my exploration of bright-field lighting with glassware. I'm not 100% loving this one, but have some more areas to explore with glassware. I've broken up the flow a little by introducing some lines using glass stirring rods.

Red & Blue Glassware

Real Name
    raymond

Re: Red & Blue Glassware

Love the lighting and great composition using lines and angles.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

I am liking the set-up here.

Have you thought about a weak snooted light from the 4 o'clock position to introduce a reflection ?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    I am liking the set-up here.

Have you thought about a weak snooted light from the 4 o'clock position to introduce a reflection ?
    A traditional snoot spilled too much light the last time I tried this, but I have a couple of ideas (including using some cinefoil with a small hole in it as a snoot). I will probably be starting a new project next week. Too much homework for the courses I am taking right now...

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    Originally Posted by pschlute Red & Blue Glassware Have you thought about a weak snooted light from the 4 o'clock position to introduce a reflection ?
    A traditional snoot spilled too much light the last time I tried this, but I have a couple of ideas (including using some cinefoil with a small hole in it as a snoot).
    An interesting exercise in the passage of light indeed, Manfred. I'm thinking that the size/distance of the light source behind the foil could be important.

Got any fiber-optical cable?

Would the aim be a reflection from just one glass or reflections from several?
    Last edited by xpatUSA; 9th October 2021 at 09:50 PM. Reason: mentioned fiber-optic

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by xpatUSA View Post
    An interesting exercise in the passage of light indeed, Manfred. I'm thinking that the size/distance of the light source behind the foil could be important.

Got any fiber-optical cable?

Would the aim be a reflection from just one glass or reflections from several?
    I have no fibre optic and given the power of the studio lights in this image,I suspect it would not have any impact on this image. I am interested in seeing if something close to a point source will improve or detract from a back-lit image. I'm also looking to try introducing some diffused side lighting, just to experiment, but need to buy some more equipment first.