Thread: MV Agusta

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

MV Agusta

MV AgustaIMGP4774 by Peter Schluter, on Flickr

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: MV Agusta

I last rode a motorbike over 50 years ago. It rather scares me that as I still have a licence to legally ride one I would be tempted...

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    I last rode a motorbike over 50 years ago. It rather scares me that as I still have a licence to legally ride one I would be tempted...
    Yes Paul, 40 years for me too. The power of modern bikes would come as quite a shock I think ! I don't think it would do my back much good these days either.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

A strong and effective and very graphic image, Peter.

Motorcycles were never something I was particularly interesting in. Having all that Mother Nature can subject me too seems fine when sitting in a car, but not when exposed to the elements. Other family members disagree, although as they age, throwing the leg over the top of the bike to mount is seems to become more challenging with every passing year...

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    A strong and effective and very graphic image, Peter.

Having all that Mother Nature can subject me too seems fine when sitting in a car, but not when exposed to the elements.
    Thank you Manfred.

When I would ride my motorbike to university in the winter I would keep my hands warm by periodically jamming my gloved thumb down into the engine rocker covers An effective, if short-lived solution.

Real Name
    Ted

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    Originally Posted by pnodrog MV Agusta I last rode a motorbike over 50 years ago. It rather scares me that as I still have a licence to legally ride one I would be tempted...
    Yes Paul, 40 years for me too. The power of modern bikes would come as quite a shock I think ! I don't think it would do my back much good these days either.
    LOL gents. Me too. In the early 90's after a similar length of time, I bought a Yamaha 650 twin. I was soon reminded of "Swing and Sway the Triumph Way" and didn't keep it long, about a year, and sold it before I killed myself (Happy hour plus bike = big risk ...).

And bikes of any kind are invisible to Texas drivers "whut the hayul wuz thet ah nearly heeyut?!!"

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Ahhhh to be young again !
    Attached Images Attached Images