Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: School Girl Kimono

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

School Girl Kimono

I used this image in a talk at one of the local photo clubs yesterday.

This is a shot that I took in the waiting area of a photo studio outside of Nagoya, Japan. My youngest daughter has always been rather camera shy, but she always liked a picture of her older sister in a school girl kimono. My oldest daughters future in-laws arranged for Aden to be photographed at a local studio that specialized in shots in traditional costumes, complete with hair and makeup.

She was rather nervous about getting her picture taken so I had my camera along and took a number of shots of her to get her ready for the photo session. The background are nothing more than standard office dividers. The technique worked and she got through the photo shoot relatively well and got some nice pictures. The problem was that everyone felt that my shots were better than the studio ones as I also managed to capture her personality. She lost her camera shyness that day and has been more than willing to work with me as a subject ever since.

A school girl kimono is shaped somewhat like a regular kimono, but has very loose pant-like bottoms that enabled the school girls to ride their bicycles.

School Girl Kimono

Real Name
    raymond

Re: School Girl Kimono

As usual nice capture, yet something in the let eye seems off.