Thread: Final Proofs

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Final Proofs

I just spent part of the morning at the SPAO Gallery working with one of the curators on the two images that I will be showing there in February and March as part of a six person show. I will be heading off with the proofs to the print maker, as the final image size will be 36" wide by 44" high, far larger than I can turn out on my printer at home.

We will be doing some test prints there tomorrow and if all goes well, I will be bringing them home at the end of the process and will be off to the framer later on this week.

Final Proofs

Final Proofs

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Final Proofs

Congrats again on landing this opportunity. I'd be interested in hearing how it goes with the test prints and whether you need to give them instructions to tweak them.

Are the test prints going to be small sections enlarged to the final size?

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Congrats again on landing this opportunity. I'd be interested in hearing how it goes with the test prints and whether you need to give them instructions to tweak them.

Are the test prints going to be small sections enlarged to the final size?
    I have not worked with this print maker before, so I am not sure what his process is. I have done some 17" x 22" proofs that he needs to match. Right now, I am favouring the Epson Hot Press Natural paper versus the Canson Baryta Photographique II. He also has some Epson UltraSmooth that some of the others I have spoken to prefer.

Real Name
    Dan

Interesting. Wouldn't it be closer to a minimal contrast to use Epson Hot Press Bright? that would be similar in the white tone to the baryta. This way, you are varying on white tone and surface, with the concomitants of surface.

Is the choice of the Canson paper yours or theirs? I still dither about having left it behind. As much as I dislike the change in the surface, I really like every other aspect of the Canson baryta.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

I bet these are going to look great.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    Interesting. Wouldn't it be closer to a minimal contrast to use Epson Hot Press Bright? that would be similar in the white tone to the baryta. This way, you are varying on white tone and surface, with the concomitants of surface.

Is the choice of the Canson paper yours or theirs? I still dither about having left it behind. As much as I dislike the change in the surface, I really like every other aspect of the Canson baryta.
    I'm stuck with the 44" inch papers that the printer has. He's just starting out, has good prices but limited stock of paper, so he goes with what there is a demand for. If he has Hot Press Bright, I will definitely go in that direction. He definitely has no more of the Canson Baryta I.

Real Name
    Allan Short

Manfred PM me I know of a very good printer in Trenton, he has I think the Epson P9000 I could be wrong and he knows his papers.

Cheers: Al

Real Name
    raymond

Well deserved congrats, love the first capture especially, lots of lines and full of details that engineers love.