Thread: The shape of water

Real Name
    Dubravka

The shape of water

Sunset river flow

untitled-21.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Duc; 1st February 2022 at 11:28 AM.

Real Name
    Dan

Re: The shape of water

I like this. In general, these sorts of images often don't work because they lack a central point of focus. I've deleted lots. This one does work, I think, because the central curve created by the yellow area. I think it's an effective minimalist image, and it's attractive.

Real Name
    Dubravka

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    I like this. In general, these sorts of images often don't work because they lack a central point of focus. I've deleted lots. This one does work, I think, because the central curve created by the yellow area. I think it's an effective minimalist image, and it's attractive.
    Thanks Dan, it's a simple photo of a wave exposed for 3 seconds. As the river is in the canyon sun was reflected and produced yellowish colours.

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

It is a very small image to view.

The problem is not of your making, but the forum host is unable to show an up-loaded image in a decent size.

Your image takes up about 10% of my screen. I cannot begin to view it properly.

I have explained how you can link to a proper sized image via a site like Flickr. If you wish for comment on your images where people can examine it properly you will need to find a different method.

You said this when I advised you before "I'being a bit lazy for that. Thanks Peter"

That is not good enough
    Last edited by pschlute; 2nd February 2022 at 08:20 PM.

Real Name
    Dubravka

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    It is a very small image to view.

The problem is not of your making, but the forum host is unable to show an up-loaded image in a decent size.

Your image takes up about 10% of my screen. I cannot begin to view it properly.

I have explained how you can link to a proper sized image via a site like Flickr. If you wish for comment on your images where people can examine it properly you will need to find a different method.

You said this when I advised you before "I'being a bit lazy for that. Thanks Peter"

That is not good enough
    Hi Peter, although I don't take my photos good and/or serious enough for a wider public presentation, I did try through Flickr according to "How to Post images" instructions. It says that "Do ensure the image url ends ".jpg", ".png" or ".gif", but I'm not getting link with proper extension on my right click. Link is fully operative everywhere but not on CiC. Have gone through the Flickr page structure trying to find any useful hint but in vain. Once I copy link address from Flickr I get "https://www.flickr.com/photos/194802719@N02/51821937064/in/dateposted-public/" and that doesn't work here. Have been trying it for a several times, even tried some tricks from Sinclair and Tandy times but it appears that I've been still short.
    Kindly, suggest what I should do. Thnaks

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Quote Originally Posted by Duc View Post
    Hi Peter, although I don't take my photos good and/or serious enough for a wider public presentation, I did try through Flickr according to "How to Post images" instructions. It says that "Do ensure the image url ends ".jpg", ".png" or ".gif", but I'm not getting link with proper extension on my right click. Link is fully operative everywhere but not on CiC. Have gone through the Flickr page structure trying to find any useful hint but in vain. Once I copy link address from Flickr I get "https://www.flickr.com/photos/194802719@N02/51821937064/in/dateposted-public/" and that doesn't work here. Have been trying it for a several times, even tried some tricks from Sinclair and Tandy times but it appears that I've been still short.
    Kindly, suggest what I should do. Thnaks
    In Flickr..... go to the "share photo" icon and click it

select BBCode

copy the link and paste it here....like so

Now click on the image in my post here

The shape of waterRiver flow by Dubravka Bacic, on Flickr

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

It is a wonderful image and deserves to be seen properly

For some reason it reminds me of Edvard Munch's "The Scream".

That is a compliment btw.
    Last edited by pschlute; 2nd February 2022 at 11:19 PM.

Real Name
    Jack

I really like it. I think it works well. I have to try it!

Real Name
    Dubravka

Quote Originally Posted by pschlute View Post
    It is a wonderful image and deserves to be seen properly

For some reason it reminds me of Edvard Munch's "The Scream".

That is a compliment btw.
    It is a compliment, Peter. That is what I like in abstracts, they may take you anywhere. I'm familiar with Munck's work and only similarity with The scream I can see here are curves. As for me, it makes me hear Smetana's Vltava