Thread: Girl in the blue door

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Girl in the blue door

I am continuing to redo and print the images that I took five years ago, while participating in Holi events in Nandgaon and Barasana, India. My post processing skills and analysis skills are finally to a point were I am happy with some of these images. I plan to turn these into a book at some point this year.

Girl in the blue door

Real Name
    raymond

Re: Girl in the blue door

Lovely capture

Real Name
    Peter Schluter

Another winner Manfred.

Real Name
    Dan

A nice image and very well processed. My one suggestion would be a slightly different crop. You have noticeably more space behind the girl's head than in front. Rather than lose the interesting out of focus material on viewer's right, I'd open up a bit in front of her, if you have good material there.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    A nice image and very well processed. My one suggestion would be a slightly different crop. You have noticeably more space behind the girl's head than in front. Rather than lose the interesting out of focus material on viewer's right, I'd open up a bit in front of her, if you have good material there.
    Unfortunately, there isn't any more material available. Here is the SOOC JPEG so show the whole shot.

This was the last day of Holi, where the dry, coloured gulal powder had been replaced by water guns / water canons full of deeply staining dyed water. It was bright, sunny and temperatures were in the mid to high 80's F. The camera gear was totally enclosed in rain cover and it was so sunny and hot, that the plastic window over the viewfinder was totally covered in moisture from my hands perspiring. I had sunglasses on and could not even see inside the house; the interior detail was not apparent until I started my PP work.

Girl in the blue door

This is me in my shooting "outfit".

Girl in the blue door