Helpful Posts Helpful Posts:  0

Thread: Street Sculpture

Real Name
    Daniel

Street Sculpture

Located in front of IBM building on East 57th Street. There used to be a different sculpture here which I have photographed and posted in the past. One day it was gone and soon after this appeared. I like it. Comments welcomed.

Street Sculpture
    Street Sculpture
    Street Sculpture

Re: Street Sculpture

This looks like a difficult scene to find the best camera angle and exposure. The first one works best for me.

Real Name
    Daniel

Re: Street Sculpture

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    This looks like a difficult scene to find the best camera angle and exposure. The first one works best for me.
    The first one is pretty straightforward. I liked how the light filtered through the buildings onto the sculpture. I like the pose of the sculpture in the second image, almost like it's dancing, kicking up its heel. I'm still looking for the original color version of it. The third looks like it's climbing up the side of the building, Could use some more space below it and better processing. I like photographing this type of sculpture because it changes as you move around it. When you spend time with a sculpture in this way you get to appreciate it more deeply I think. Thanks for looking and commenting, Geoff