Thread: Bugs I found in my Toolbox - Ant

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Bugs I found in my Toolbox - Ant

Next up is the ant...

Last edited by Manfred M; 16th April 2022 at 03:12 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Re: Bugs I found in my Toolbox - Ant

Not wanting to throw another spanner in the works but have you played around with drop shadows at all?

I am enjoying them. You are clearly a great advocate for SOOC photography...

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by pnodrog View Post
    Not wanting to throw another spanner in the works but have you played around with drop shadows at all?

I am enjoying them. You are clearly a great advocate for SOOC photography...

I have looked at them and am certainly considering using them in my final version of these images. Right now I am concentrating on producing around 18 images and I will either turn them into a children's book (possibly a Japanese / English one co-authored with my grandson) or a pair of typologies. Possibly both.

My grandson is almost 6 and is fascinated by bugs. He and I have been collaborating on the images. Here is a test of a page of the book. The words are mostly his.

He has been telling me which bugs to produce and will then tell me what he likes about them and what is not working for him. I am now on my third version of a rhinoceros beetle and I think the latest version finally meets his approval.

Last edited by Manfred M; 17th April 2022 at 01:10 PM.

Nomadic but not homeless, ex N.Z. now Aust.
    Real Name
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post
    I have looked at them and am certainly considering using them in my final version of these images. Right now I am concentrating on producing around 18 images and I will either turn them into a children's book (possibly a Japanese / English one co-authored with my grandson) or a pair of typologies. Possibly both.

My grandson is almost 6 and is fascinated by bugs. He and I have been collaborating on the images. Here is a test of a page of the book. The words are mostly his.

He has been telling me which bugs to produce and will then tell me what he likes about them and what is not working for him. I am now on my third version of a rhinoceros beetle and I think the latest version finally meets his approval.

I think they would make a great children's book. My mother reviewed children's books and one of the things she had to do was recommend the age group they were suitable for. From what I see, your concept would appeal across a number of age groups and be especially popular with boys. You could even have a small section at the back showing what the tools are really used for.

Real Name
    Judith

Quote Originally Posted by Manfred M View Post

such a cool project!