Thread: Help!

Real Name
    Christopher Hotton

Help!

The email address in the message box at bottom of my image page is now Can anyone tell me how to change it?

Many thanks

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Help!

Chris,

the problem isn't here, it's with your URL. If I right click on the URL and copy it, I get the correct address, http://www.chrishotton.com/, and when I paste that manually into a browser, I get the same row of Chinese characters. You'll have to check with whoever hosts your web page, I think. If you did your own, this might happen if you failed to renew your ownership of the domain name and someone else bought it.

Dan

Real Name
    Martin Ihrich

Chris,

I don't know how much it might help you ... but here is the translation of those 'Chinese' characters:

the current domain name or port is not bound, please bind to the background, the message can be customized in the background!

Real Name
    Dan

Chris,

This fits with my hypothesis that you forgot to renew you ownership of the domain name. There are companies that snap up available domain names and then offer to resell them at a profit.

Some hosting services bundle purchasing the domain name into their annual fee so that you don't need to worry about it: as long as you continue using the same hosting service, it's taken care of. The hosting service I use for my email accounts does that.

The alternative is to use a service designed for hosting photo sites, like Smugmug or Zenfolio. That's what I do, even though I have a hosting service already. The domain name in my signature is just a pointer to https://dkoretz.smugmug.com/.

Dan

Dan