Thread: Just Glass - No water

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Just Glass - No water

I'm back on my simplification kick again; a glass, rectangular vase, a glass sphere and a glass hemisphere. I left out the water this time and did not lighten the black Plexiglas base this time. There are less strange reflections and refractions.

Just Glass - No water

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Just Glass - No water

I do like the simplicity of the image. How about using the orange, and therefore, warmer colours in some of your recent postings instead of the blues. Maybe tone down the blues?
    Cheers Ole

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

I find these compositions fascinating. The colour gradient across the image works well.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by mugge View Post
    I do like the simplicity of the image. How about using the orange, and therefore, warmer colours in some of your recent postings instead of the blues. Maybe tone down the blues?
    Cheers Ole
    I only used the warmer tones oranges and yellows in one image and that was more an exercise in playing with Photoshop's Saturation Adjustment Layer, specifically the Hue slider.

My wife is taking a course at the local photography school and has reserved the warmer tones for her own work, to differentiate them from my images. This is one of the assignment images for this evening's class she did with my glass setup.

The assignment was to take three different images using different lighting techniques. She used back lighting, up lighting and the last shot was one she did at Golden Hour (i.e. soft / diffuse light).

Just Glass - No water

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by tbob View Post
    I find these compositions fascinating. The colour gradient across the image works well.
    So do I, Trevor; that's why I play around with them so much...