Thread: Okanagan Valley from the west

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Okanagan Valley from the west

A view of the South Okanagan Valley in British Columbia. Shot from the hills on west side of the Valley. The tree on the left is the same tree I posted a few days ago. Quite a contrast between the dry hills and lush vineyards and orchards in the valley.

Okanagan Valley from the westPine tree over valley18-06-22leadlitzd pilingsTREVOR REEVES by Trevor Reeves, on Flickr

Real Name
    Dan

Re: Okanagan Valley from the west

Quite a vista. Reminds me why I fell in love with the Pacific Northwest when I first visited many decades ago.

The photo, however, doesn't work for me. Far too much of it is the unattractive and uninteresting foreground material, and the beautiful valley and mountanis are crammed into a small portion. This is one case where the standard suggestion of including foreground material doesn't work, at least IMHO.

Real Name
    Trevor Reeves

Quote Originally Posted by DanK View Post
    The photo, however, doesn't work for me. Far too much of it is the unattractive and uninteresting foreground material, and the beautiful valley and mountanis are crammed into a small portion. This is one case where the standard suggestion of including foreground material doesn't work, at least IMHO.
    The viewer is always right. in the final analysis, an image is a collaboration between the viewer and the artist. My intent was to contrast the stunted tree and harsher hillside against the valley. However I am willing to accept the intent may not carry for you. Or a myriad of others. Which is why honest feedback is important Thanks

Real Name
    Dan

There's no arguing about taste.