Thread: Our New Rescue - Poquito

Real Name
    Richard

Our New Rescue - Poquito, the Chorkie

We are both getting on in years (I am 82 and Judy is 78) and we have drastically cut down our rescue efforts. Additionally, we lost the vet we worked with for well over 20-years. She closed her practice.

However, there are times when we just have to help a dog. Poquito's owner was homeless and living in her car. She found a place to live but, her new living accommodation would not accept pets. She asked us to find a home for her 3-year old. five pound, Yorkshire Terrier + Chihuahua mix (Chorkie).

This is what the little guy looks like right now. This is only his entry photo. I will post the formal adoption pictures after he gets groomed.

Our New Rescue - Poquito

We found a new vet and learned that this new vet has employed many of the staff that worked with our previous vet. Poquito is due to be neutered tomorrow and had has an appointment with our groomer on Friday to spruce him up for his formal adoption photos.

We learned that our Great Pyrenees, Serena, is very accepting of a new dog. I held him out to her and she sniffed him a couple of times. Then when I placed him on the floor with her it was like they had grown up together. Serena is so mellow and calm that she did not frighten the little guy
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 6th July 2022 at 07:30 PM.

Real Name
    Ole

Re: Our New Rescue - Poquito, the Chorkie

He is a handsome little fellow!

Real Name
    Richard

Re: Our New Rescue - Poquito, the Chorkie

I expect that he will look a bit better on Saturday when I bring him home from the groomer. He's a bit on the ragged side right now!

Real Name
    Richard

Poquito, the Chorkie

Here are Poquito's two adoption photos...

Our New Rescue - Poquito

Our New Rescue - Poquito

Real Name
    Bruce

Re: Poquito, the Chorkie

Richard, as always, your adoption photos are excellent. Hopefully he finds a new home soon.

That was very good news about the new vet. I remember over the years reading many comments about your goto vet for all the dogs that you've rescued.