Daniel

Gettysburg, PA

Took this several days ago.
    Comments welcomed.
    Gettysburg, PA

Real Name
    Daniel

Re: Gettysburg, PA

The American Civil War battle at Gettysburg lasted three days with approximately 50,000 casualties. Buildings in Gettsyburg still bear the scars of musket balls. I was hoping to capture one image that told the story. I'm pleased with this one. It has its fair share of technical and processing faults. But regardless, I am happy to have shared it with all of you. Thank you all for looking.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Sorry, this image is not working at all for me. You seem to have taken a picture of the back end of a statue, which is effectively back-lit by the bright scene beyond it. That ends up being a relatively textureless mass that occupies much of the image. The clouds in the sky are highly pixelated, suggesting that you pushed it very hard in post.

There are two small white spots at the top left and bottom right corner that suggest you straightened the image but were not quite accurate enough with the crop.

Real Name
    Daniel

Manfred, Wow! Thanks for making it clear. I only looked at what I liked and ignored the rest. Your assessment was most helpful to me. I can put this one to rest. Thank you

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by escape View Post
    Manfred, Wow! Thanks for making it clear. I only looked at what I liked and ignored the rest. Your assessment was most helpful to me. I can put this one to rest. Thank you
    Daniel - we all end up with images that we think work well and when we show them to others, they often have a completely different take. I run into this fairly often in my own work. I suspect most photographers will have similar stories....