Real Name
    Bruce

Covered Bridge

C&C welcomed. Bruce

Covered Bridge

Real Name
    roy

Re: Covered Bridge

It would be nice to see what the bridge is over.

Basically OK. The verticals are a bit slanting and it is fractionally tight at the top. But those thoughts aren't really anything serious.

Were there any slightly different angles which would give a better background view when looking through the bridge? However, I suspect you have already done everything possible with this scene.

Real Name
    Dan

Nice capture, but this is another case where I'd ask myself: what should I do in postprocessing to get from the score to the performance I want?

The first issue I noticed is that much of the interesting detail in the interior is lost because it's so underexposed. The ideal thing would be to bracket two exposures (I think two exposures 2 stops apart would be enough). However, you can do a lot just by lifting the shadows in whatever software you use. Here is a very quick and dirty edit in photoshop in which I did nothing except lift the shadows, using a brush to apply the adjustment only to the interior.

Covered Bridge

Real Name
    Dave Humphries :)

I agree with Dan's suggestion.

If I were presented with this scene, I might have tried a shot with focus on front portal face and a wider aperture (assuming not a phone snap), since that might help by causing a softening of the grasses on the far bank, revealing more of the context of it being a bridge.

A much tighter crop also helps with this, since the dipped area just to the RHS becomes more significant in the frame.
    Also, I find the peeking into shot bit of picnic bench is somewhat incongruous to the main subject.

Hope those thoughts help,
    Dave