Thread: Michel and Journey

Real Name
    Daniel

Michel and Journey

I don't often post family shots, but I liked this one. Not technically the best, which is not surprising. I generally try to get an interesting scene as best as I can. My grandson and Jurney.
    Michel and Journey
    Michel and Journey

Re: Michel and Journey

Works OK for a quick real life grab shot.

Pity about the dog's head being slightly out of focus in the first image. I would be tempted to selectively slightly tone down the highlights. Is there a very slight greenish tint to the colours?

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you, Geoff.
    Last edited by escape; 28th September 2022 at 07:11 PM.

Real Name
    Manfred Mueller

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff F View Post
    Is there a very slight greenish tint to the colours?
    I noticed that too Geoff.

Daniel - this happens quite often when there is a lot of greenery in the scene; trees, grass, etc. In general, desaturating the green channel in post is the easiest way to fix this Depending what tool is used, you might have to be careful because sometimes lowering the green will let magenta (complementary colour to green) can creep in.

Real Name
    Daniel

Thank you, Manfred. I will work on the highlights and green channel to make corrections and post my result in time.

Real Name
    Barry

I am not looking at these pictures from a critical photographic perspective, but simply to see it as a nice interaction between "mans' best friend" and a small child.

Real Name
    Dan

Daniel,

This is very easy to fix, and in many cases, there is no need to work specifically on the greens. As long has you have some area that is reasonably neutral, you can just put the white balance eyedropper on it (if the software you use has one, as Lightroom and Adobe Camera Raw do.) You try putting it in a number of different locations, pick the one that seems best, and adjust from there.

To get the version below, I simply put the eyedropper on the dog's shoulder, avoiding the blue reflection at the top. I didn't make any other adjustments. It's a lot closer.

Michel and Journey

Real Name
    Richard

Did a great job.

I love Adobe Camera RAW and do much of my processing with ACR, occasionally adding a NIK filter...

When I first started with ACR, I only used it to open RAW images but, it is capable of so much more

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...el+photography
    Last edited by rpcrowe; 3rd October 2022 at 12:36 AM.

Real Name
    Dan

Indeed. I use LR more than ACR, but it's essentially the same engine. The improvements in its capabilities over the past few years have been remarkable. Some things still require photoshop or can be done better in photoshop, but the range of what can be done in just ACR/LR has been greatly expanded.

This particular function, however, isn't new. When I want to adjust WB in someone else's image, I don't want to bother importing into LR. So I open it as camera raw in Photoshop to get the ACR/LR eyedropper.